The Vacancy you have selected is closed.
Programme Delivery Line Manager (LBG/1210/14068)
- Lloyds Banking Group
- London - Red Lion Court
- Job pattern:
- Closing date:
- 12 January 2011
Core Purpose of the Role:
• To manage and lead the delivery of large, complex, transformational, cross-divisional IT programmes, delivering to time, cost, quality and achieving benefits realisation requirements.
• The Programme Delivery Line Manager (PDLM) plays a key extended leadership role within the Group IT Practice Pool. PDLMs are accountable for ensuring that a quality Programme Management service is delivered to customers and are responsible for developing capability within their teams and ensuring that robust and fit for purpose project governance is applied to the projects their team are managing.
• Establish appropriate programme plans, operating and governance structures to ensure programmes are set-up for success and continuously monitor their effectiveness against overall programme objectives, modifying where appropriate through effective change control processes.
• Lead and manage a team of skilled Project Management colleagues to deliver their projects to time, cost, quality and benefits realisation requirements.
• Ensure that all colleagues have objectives and development plans in place, are documented in their Personal Development Review and reviewed in monthly 1:1s.
• Lead the mobilisation and delivery of strategic programmes on time, to an appropriate quality solution and within budget, achieving benefits realisation requirements.
• Work with sponsors to shape and make key decisions on objectives, scope, timescales, deliverables and benefits of the programme and gain key stakeholder engagement.
• Define programme scope and ensure that the work streams and divisions work within that scope.
• Direct and motivate Programme Managers and programme support colleagues, giving attention to their performance, development, coaching and appraisal and instilling a high performance culture.
• Key decision maker within programmes – actively work with Divisions, technical advisers, systems colleagues and/or other relevant stakeholders to identify and agree the best options, resolve issues throughout the programme and agree decisions without the need to escalate.
• Manage escalation of risks, issues and dependencies, make decisions and take mitigating actions that are required.
• Facilitate, attend and advise programme Steering Groups and report progress, risk and issues.
• Perform line management for directs and leadership of the wider team adhering to LBG performance management guidelines
• Significant knowledge of Risk in a large scale multi Divisional Banking environment
• Understanding of the key regulatory drivers for risk on the Banking Community
• Experience in Credit, Operational and Market Risk specifically around Basel II, Retail and Wholesale/Corporate markets.
• Experience in the provision of risk data (and some understanding of that data) and supporting risk modelling systems for capital and credit decisioning. This would also include any experience in the provision of risk management information and the resolution of underlying data quality problems.
Lloyds Banking Group is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We are committed to the principles of agile working and are proud of the industry recognition we have received, including Stonewall Top 100 Employer, Top 30 Employer for Working Families, Times Top 50 Employer for Women and Gold Standard 2014 from the Business Disability Forum. So if you consider yourself a good match for this role, we would welcome your application.
Achieving Lloyds Banking Group’s vision of being the best bank for customers, and meeting the Group’s risk appetite, is dependent on every colleague demonstrating our core value of “putting customers first”. This includes, but is not limited to, behaving in line with the Group’s Codes of Responsibility and complying with both the letter and spirit of the Group Policies relevant to their role. Lloyds Banking Group will only employ individuals who demonstrate and support the highest standards of responsible behaviour.