The Vacancy you have selected is closed.
Programme Delivery Line Manager (LBG/1210/14068)
- Lloyds Banking Group
- London - Red Lion Court
- Job pattern:
- Closing date:
- 12 January 2011
- Agile working options:
Click here for information on agile working options
Core Purpose of the Role:
• To manage and lead the delivery of large, complex, transformational, cross-divisional IT programmes, delivering to time, cost, quality and achieving benefits realisation requirements.
• The Programme Delivery Line Manager (PDLM) plays a key extended leadership role within the Group IT Practice Pool. PDLMs are accountable for ensuring that a quality Programme Management service is delivered to customers and are responsible for developing capability within their teams and ensuring that robust and fit for purpose project governance is applied to the projects their team are managing.
• Establish appropriate programme plans, operating and governance structures to ensure programmes are set-up for success and continuously monitor their effectiveness against overall programme objectives, modifying where appropriate through effective change control processes.
• Lead and manage a team of skilled Project Management colleagues to deliver their projects to time, cost, quality and benefits realisation requirements.
• Ensure that all colleagues have objectives and development plans in place, are documented in their Personal Development Review and reviewed in monthly 1:1s.
• Lead the mobilisation and delivery of strategic programmes on time, to an appropriate quality solution and within budget, achieving benefits realisation requirements.
• Work with sponsors to shape and make key decisions on objectives, scope, timescales, deliverables and benefits of the programme and gain key stakeholder engagement.
• Define programme scope and ensure that the work streams and divisions work within that scope.
• Direct and motivate Programme Managers and programme support colleagues, giving attention to their performance, development, coaching and appraisal and instilling a high performance culture.
• Key decision maker within programmes – actively work with Divisions, technical advisers, systems colleagues and/or other relevant stakeholders to identify and agree the best options, resolve issues throughout the programme and agree decisions without the need to escalate.
• Manage escalation of risks, issues and dependencies, make decisions and take mitigating actions that are required.
• Facilitate, attend and advise programme Steering Groups and report progress, risk and issues.
• Perform line management for directs and leadership of the wider team adhering to LBG performance management guidelines
• Significant knowledge of Risk in a large scale multi Divisional Banking environment
• Understanding of the key regulatory drivers for risk on the Banking Community
• Experience in Credit, Operational and Market Risk specifically around Basel II, Retail and Wholesale/Corporate markets.
• Experience in the provision of risk data (and some understanding of that data) and supporting risk modelling systems for capital and credit decisioning. This would also include any experience in the provision of risk management information and the resolution of underlying data quality problems.
Our vision of being the best bank for customers is dependent on every colleague committing to and demonstrating our core value of "putting customers first". In joining us you'll have a role that matters and will contribute towards the Group achieving our vision through your day-today actions being performed in line with our Codes of Responsibility and Group Policies. By individually and collectively committing to our Group values and codes, we will be able to make a difference together and help Britain prosper.
We're also committed to employing a diverse and inclusive workforce, reflective of the customers and communities we serve – where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit.
We're proud to have received the following industry recognition: 'Stonewall Top Private Sector Employer', 'Top10 Employer for Working Families', 'The Times Top 50 Employer for Women' and both 'Gold Standard' and "Best Workplace Adjustments Process" from the Business Disability Forum – each demonstrating our commitment to the principles of agile working and inclusion for all.
So if this sounds like a culture that you'd like to be a part of then be assured that we'll welcome your application.