When people pay a visit to their local Bank of Scotland branch, we want them to leave with just one impression: that we’re a great bank.
Whether you’re greeting people at the welcome desk, serving them at the counter or at any other area of the branch, your role is to help customers get the great service they deserve.
That might mean simply answering a question or processing a transaction, but you’re also there to find out how we can do more – by making recommendations on our range of products and services.
In the process, you’ll achieve your own personal targets, helping us achieve our overall performance targets – and the better you do, the better your rewards.
We’ll provide great training, helping you develop an in-depth knowledge of our products and processes, and giving you the communication and people skills you’ll need to deliver the high standards of service our customers expect.
Because our training is so comprehensive, you don’t need a background in finance or banking. You do need experience of helping customers; answering queries, sorting out any problems and recommending different services or products and be willing to work on Saturdays.
If you enjoy building great relationships with customers and can help make your branch one of the best, this could be just the start of your career with us.
The qualities required to be a successful Customer Adviser are:
* An ability to thrive in a busy, customer orientated environment, enjoying the challenges and rewards involved in dealing with hundreds of different customers with hundreds of different queries.
* Having a talent for talking to people, understanding what they need, identifying ways for us to help and providing a great service.
* An ability to prioritise work to maximise every minute of the day.
* A good understanding of the variety of products we offer by digesting financial information and keeping abreast of changes.
* Good attention to detail.
* Ability to balance the demands of paperwork with meeting and talking to customers.
* Taking personal responsibility for your own deliverables and work well with others to make your branch a success.
Achieving Lloyds Banking Group’s vision of being the best bank for customers, and meeting the Group’s risk appetite, is dependent on every colleague demonstrating our core value of “putting customers first”. This includes, but is not limited to, behaving in line with the Group’s Codes of Responsibility and complying with both the letter and spirit of the Group Policies relevant to their role. Lloyds Banking Group will only employ individuals who demonstrate and support the highest standards of responsible behaviour.