The Vacancy you have selected is closed.
Customer Adviser (LBG/0313/474294)
- Bank of Scotland
- Inverary - Inverary
£13,590 - £15,100
- Job pattern:
- Closing date:
- 20 June 2013
When people pay a visit to their local Bank of Scotland branch, we want them to leave with just one impression: that we’re a great bank.
Whether you’re greeting people at the welcome desk, serving them at the counter or at any other area of the branch, your role is to help customers get the great service they deserve.
That might mean simply answering a question or processing a transaction, but you’re also there to find out how we can do more – by making recommendations on our range of products and services.
In the process, you’ll achieve your own personal targets, helping us achieve our overall performance targets – and the better you do, the better your rewards.
We’ll provide great training, helping you develop an in-depth knowledge of our products and processes, and giving you the communication and people skills you’ll need to deliver the high standards of service our customers expect.
Because our training is so comprehensive, you don’t need a background in finance or banking. You do need experience of helping customers; answering queries, sorting out any problems and recommending different services or products and be willing to work on Saturdays.
If you enjoy building great relationships with customers and can help make your branch one of the best, this could be just the start of your career with us.
The qualities required to be a successful Customer Adviser are:
* An ability to thrive in a busy, customer orientated environment, enjoying the challenges and rewards involved in dealing with hundreds of different customers with hundreds of different queries.
* Having a talent for talking to people, understanding what they need, identifying ways for us to help and providing a great service.
* An ability to prioritise work to maximise every minute of the day.
* A good understanding of the variety of products we offer by digesting financial information and keeping abreast of changes.
* Good attention to detail.
* Ability to balance the demands of paperwork with meeting and talking to customers.
* Taking personal responsibility for your own deliverables and work well with others to make your branch a success.
Our vision of being the best bank for customers is dependent on every colleague committing to and demonstrating our core value of "putting customers first". In joining us you'll have a role that matters and will contribute towards the Group achieving our vision through your day-today actions being performed in line with our Codes of Responsibility and Group Policies. By individually and collectively committing to our Group values and codes, we will be able to make a difference together and help Britain prosper.
We're also committed to employing a diverse and inclusive workforce, reflective of the customers and communities we serve – where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit.
We're proud to have received the following industry recognition: 'Stonewall Top Private Sector Employer', 'Top10 Employer for Working Families', 'The Times Top 50 Employer for Women' and both 'Gold Standard' and "Best Workplace Adjustments Process" from the Business Disability Forum – each demonstrating our commitment to the principles of agile working and inclusion for all.
So if this sounds like a culture that you'd like to be a part of then be assured that we'll welcome your application.